The Port Macquarie Koala Hospital will reopen when it is safe to do so.
When we reopen, all Visitors must book online prior to attending the hospital, sign in using a QR code, show their Driver’s Licence or some proof of their current address, and wear a mask. Visitors not wearing a mask will be unable to enter the Koala Hospital.BOOK A VISIT
You must book online before you can visit the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital. Tickets are not available at the Koala Hospital - all visits must be pre-booked. You will be required to check in using the Service NSW QR code when you arrive. All visitors must do this regardless of their age - children must be added as dependants. Collection of your name and contact details is a government requirement relating to COVID-19 safety procedures. Other information is being collected by us for statistical purposes.
Please note that visits to the Koala Hospital may be temporarily halted for safety reasons such as in the event of severe adverse weather conditions.
COVID-19 changes and precautions for visitor and staff safety
We have made many modifications to assist with the social distancing requirements. These include;
- Introducing a booking system with time slots so that visitor numbers are limited to ensure group numbers are controlled and everyone has space to enjoy their visit.
- Bookings can only be made online via our website: koalahospital.org.au
- The Koalaseum will continue to be temporarily closed to the public
- The souvenir shop only accepts contactless card payments.
- Signage has been installed stipulating guests are not to enter if they have been asked to self-isolate
- Signage has been installed encouraging social distancing and increased hygiene
- Hand sanitiser stations have been provided
- Cleaning throughout the Koala Hospital has been increased
- Toilets are being cleaned professionally twice each day
Self Guided Tour Information. Print out your own copy to bring with youBOOK A VISIT