MARIA RIVER PLANTATION
The 60hp tractor was certainly the correct buy. I have slashed over 20 hours with some heavy work involved. Thanks to everybody supporting the decision to purchase this size tractor.
- All planting lines have been slashed north south. The grass in between the trees provides reduced evaporation and with some protection from kangaroos and insects.
- Our portable fuel tank (with pump) can be lifted into the leaf truck and transported to town to be filled and relocated around the plantation in convenient and safe locations.
- Graeme Sayer has been very generous enough to keep the tractor in his shed when not in use.
- The DA for the dam material has been submitted and should be approved within two weeks. Again Graeme Sayer helped us with the submission and the GPS work.
- We have purchased the trailer from Graeme after using it for a year watering the trees.
- We are still about 6 weeks away from any planting.
- A minor infestation of small green jewel beetles is occurring in about 1% of the plants. These are the same beetles that infest the melaleuca farms.
- The current rain events have provided the trees with enough moisture across the next 3 weeks.
- We have lost (had stolen!) all our beautiful wild flowers both outside and just inside the gate.
- The good news is the eucs. look strong, healthy and beautiful.
Graham Hargreaves [email protected]