The Koala Hospital reopened on Wednesday 1st July, 2020. Due to the COVID-19 restrictions you are now required to make a booking if you wish to visit the Koala Hospital.
You must book online before you can visit the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital. Tickets are not available at the Koala Hospital – all visits must be pre-booked. If you are booking as a family or group, every person attending must have their name and phone number listed individually regardless of their age. Collection of your name and contact details is a government regulation relating to COVID-19 safety procedures. Other information is being collected by us for statistical purposes.
What changes have been made to Port Macquarie Koala Hospital’s operations for visitor and staff safety?
We have made many modifications to assist with the social distancing requirements. These include;
- Introducing a booking system with time slots so that visitor numbers are limited to ensure group numbers are controlled and everyone has space to enjoy their visit.
- Booking can only be made via the website: koalahospital.org.au
- Guided tours will not be held at present
- The Koalaseum will continue to be temporarily closed to the public
- The souvenir shop will not accept cash, with contactless card payment preferred.
What extra precautions to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19 are being taken
- Installation of signage stipulating guests are unable to enter if they have been asked to self-isolate
- Installation of signage encouraging social distancing and increased hygiene
- Hand sanitiser stations
- Increased cleaning throughout the Koala Hospital
- Professional cleaning of the public toilets twice each day
Self Guided Tour information. Click this link to print out your own copy to bring with you